- Modernization is the most innovative topic this post-pandemic.
- Out-of-date technology, such as hand-operated data entry and paper-based systems, allows high-priced mistakes and unreliable order fulfillment, negatively affecting the customer experience.
- This blog would give you a definite insight into Why is 2021 a pivotal year for warehouse modernization?
- Logistics Specialist:Working with suppliers and customers to complete shipment, understanding the Supply Chain and Logistics industry trends and the impact of AI in their core domain.
- Operations Specialist:ensure that the warehouse is handled smoothly and effectively by procedures and routine functions. Concentrate on increasing efficiency by automating and improving business processes.
- Warehouse Automation Manager:Understanding how AI is transforming warehouses and making warehouse associate jobs easier, ensuring the security and timely storage and distribution of warehouse goods.
Why "2021" is a crucial year to modernize the warehouse?
- Increases overall efficiency:
The warehouse supply chain process relies profoundly on automation. A well-organized warehouse can make the most of its space, streamline processes, and scale-up workplace productivity. In other words, warehouse automation will develop fill rates and cut down on extraneous shipping costs.
- Uplifts inventory management:
The warehouse management system’s most critical process is keeping reliable inventory records. The warehouse workers must keep track of both in-house and order fulfillment inventory information, which is intricate and sometimes prone to error. We can effectively manage several inventory records by implementing appropriate automation technologies.
- Improved accuracy:
Accuracy plays a paramount role in the warehouse management system. The lack of accuracy may result in spending pointless shipping charges. By deploying the right automation technology to the warehouse, we can produce accurate inventory details.
- Optimized labor:
Usually, warehouse employees perform various operations right from receiving the massive products to in-house to the order fulfillment process, and this consumes more time, as they need to handle all the operations by themselves; in some situations, there is a high risk of injury due to specific intricate warehouse tasks. We can minimize most manual activities and add value to warehouse workers by investing in adequate warehouse automation.
- Enhanced customer satisfaction:
The best way to increase customer loyalty is to provide them (consumers) with what they need. This involves providing accurate product details right from ordering a product to delivering them to their doorstep. In the process of customer satisfaction, transparency is vital. We can create agile and lean output to increase customer loyalty by deploying warehouse automation solutions.
Top trending and cost-efficient warehouse solutions to revamp your warehouse this year!
1. Automated dimensioning technology
In traditional dimensioning, the warehouse personnel utilizes tape and ruler to calculate dimensional details such as length, breadth, height, and width, which is a time-consuming process and sometimes may be prone to accuracy errors. A computer vision-based automated dimensioning system helps calibrate the real-time dimensional information of various-shaped products in less than a second. These automated dimensioning solution aims to support eCommerce warehouses, distribution centers, and logistics providers.
- Increases future capacity planning
- Increased quality control
- Improved slotting and cartonization
- Scale-ups shipping cost accuracy
- Can integrate with other devices.
- User-friendly interface
2. Wearable technology
The computer software or hardware device can decode the human voice, and this device performs commands or write without using a keyboard and buttons.
Quickly recognize printed codes attached to each item's pallet or shelf space in the warehouse.
Monitors the health of warehouse personnel.
- Monitors the fitness level of associates
- Permits GPS to navigate our location
- Portable and hands-free
- Flexible to share data and information
Providing intelligence to dimensioning with vMeasure Parcel Pro
vMeasure Parcel Pro automated dimensioning solution built from the ground to measure parcels’ dimensional information (length, height, breadth, and width) of varied sizes and shapes (cube, cuboids, polybags, and any other irregular object) in less than 1 second. This solution comes in two different ranges, such as vMeasure Parcel Pro S100 for E-commerce, Order Fulfilment centers, and vMeasure Parcel Pro S200 for 3PLs, Warehouses, and wholesale distributors.