- During the pandemic struck, most businesses began to experience several changes in their working patterns.
- To overcome this, warehouses need to install appropriate software and automation to increase working efficiency.
- Today, understanding the enormous online order requests wave, significant warehouses have begun to deploy automated dimensioning systems to uplift productivity in the warehouse and fulfillment centers.
- Continue reading to learn how warehouses are boosting efficiency by implementing new-generation automated dimensioners.
Boosting warehouse productivity by embracing automation
Top 3 reasons to bring automation to embrace productivity in the warehouse:
- To perform hands-free operation:
Hand-free operations are becoming a more efficient warehouse automation process today. Automated dimensioners are a great example of a hands-free warehouse operation, as they eliminate conventional dimensioning, which requires warehouse staff to estimate parcel dimensions using tape and rule. We can put an end to redundant manual operations by allowing warehouse automation.
- To better up supply chain management:
Supply chain management is the soul of the warehouse and logistics industry. According to a recent poll, collaborative robots would complement, not replace, over 30% of operational warehouse workers by 2023. By enabling good automation, we can shorten operational costs and throughput in the warehouse.
- Enhance an intelligent warehouse management system:
By performing various functions such as optimizing the warehouse storage capacity, providing customers pickup and delivery facilities, standardize the workflows, generating an inventory review process, and introducing new advancements to the warehouses to brush-up the productivity.
How new-age automated dimensioners help firms to shoot-up productivity?
1. Automated dimensioning systems
The automated dimensioning system is an innovative AI-based computer vision technology built to measure dimensional details such as length, breadth, height, and width of the varied size and shaped parcels in less than a second. This dimensioning technology is solely built to help industries such as warehouses, distribution centers, intra-logistics automation, and order fulfillment centers.
- Increased throughput:
Delivering products on an estimated timeframe can consistently help patrons stick with the brand. By deploying the automated dimensioning system, we can terminate bottleneck issues and quickly improve warehouse throughput.
- Reduced manual errors:
Manual errors are a common pitfall that every organization faces; in other words, humans are prone to making mistakes, but they are not always acknowledged. The primary goal of implementing automated dimensioning solutions in the workplace is to provide error-free dimensioning data that aids future capacity planning and reduces unnecessary shipping costs.
- Accurate precision:
The dimensional information is not just numbers; they are the prime source of income! With precise dimensioning details, we can add more value to the warehouse and customers. Furthermore, accurate dimensioning permits to effortlessly generate real-time product reports, manage and track inventory systems, and produce forecast reports to stock up on products based on market trends effectively.
- High-level quality control:
The only quality control theme for almost all verticals is to check for problems before the product reaches the customer’s doorstep. As a result, automated dimensioning systems are equipped with a 3D camera to inspect for anomalies prior to shipment.