Why is eCommerce Booming?
Rise of automated dimensioning solutions
Types of automated dimensioners
How to select the right e-commerce warehouse
1. Choosing the right warehouse location
If warehouses are far away from the customer’s location, your shipping costs are bound to go sky-high, and the delivery time is likely to increase too.
- Industry type: understand your vertical size, either it’s small or large-scale.
- Nearness to the carrier services: this aids in streamlining your shipping process and balances your clients’ convenience and proximity.
- Storage needs: you need to figure out what type of product it is like fragile, hazardous, and flammable; these relevant pieces of information help to ensure suitable accommodation for the product right from the warehouse to customers’ doorstep.
- Workforce availability: It would be best to have research on the geographic location of the warehouse. Due to the insufficient workforce availability for a high-demand area, they may acquire high-payed laborers, which impacts overall business costs.
- Durability: have an insight into the warehouses’ working pattern and the flow of orders to calibrate your warehouse size’s growth.
2. Understanding purchase patterns
Insights on purchase patterns can help avoid overstocking of products. Decisions vary based on the customer personas; this includes age, gender, location, forecast reports on the trending products, delivery timeframe, and shipping charges.